banjo burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POLISHALE

Reaction score
what size pipe are you guys useing to hard plumb a banjo burner? and what kind of fitting are you screwing in the burner itself? do you still use the needle jet that comes in the stock braided line? im trying to hard plumb two burners to one 100lb tank. thanks for all your help

I don't have a banjo burner, but I think they use the same kind of jet orifice. I used this one from morebeer - it's got pipe threads, not the flared fitting that are typically used with the flex gas lines. Burner Jet - 1/8 in. x 1 in. | MoreBeer.

My gas plumbing is all 1/2" black pipe, but you could also use 3/8" if you wanted.

This is what mine setup looks like.

I don't have a banjo burner, but I think they use the same kind of jet orifice. I used this one from morebeer - it's got pipe threads, not the flared fitting that are typically used with the flex gas lines. Burner Jet - 1/8 in. x 1 in. | MoreBeer.

My gas plumbing is all 1/2" black pipe, but you could also use 3/8" if you wanted.

[/IMG][/URL]

hey sparky. what did you use on the regulator end? have any pics?

1/2" FPT to 3/8"(?) male flared fitting to attach the hose.

DSCN3790.JPG

It's hard to tell what all the fittings are. Do you have a section of copper tubing w/ compression fittings joining things together?

POLISHALE - some jets are built into the line (and I don't think you can use them like you want), some gas lines have flared fittings w/ no jets. To do this, you'll want a gas line w/ no jets, and you'll have to use jets in each burner - either with pipe threads like I've got, or flared fittings like lehr.

I used 1/2 pipe on for my piping. For the connection to the burner, I just took a peice of pipe and my burner to Ace Hardware. They pulled all the parts for me to connect one to the other.

I could of saved a few dollars by going to HD, but my pilot valve had some funky 5/16 fittings that were only availlabe at Ace.

I used 1/2 in. as well. I used HD for the black pipe the Ace for the yellow flex gas line. The Yellow flex along with my center support beam has allowed me to adjust the burner height without any big hassles. Hopefully my attachment will show you what I built.

bigheartBreweryG.jpg

great thanks guys. ill get some some pics up when i get her done. hopefully in a few weeks, i can only get out in the garage a few hours a week.

Back