Banjo burner install???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
I've been milling aroud on here and youtube for about 2-3 days trying to figure out just how others are mounting their burners but can't seem to get any photos that show enough to use as a guide. I'm starting a 3 tier wood frame brew stand but can't seem to find what I need.
On a side note, I think I'm going to build it so the three tiers will store within the tallest tier. I'll be using some brackets and U-bolts to keep them together in use. I'll post photos when I'm done ( I aim for at least the frame done by this week as I have the next 7 days off of work).
Thanks for the help :mug:

You can kinda sorta see my mounting here. I have SS cross bars on which the keggles rest, from their i have 1" flat bar hanging with holes drilled to mount the burners 2" below, the wind screens are also welded to the flat bar.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ezstor-single-tier-290296/

Don't drill your mounting holes until you get the burners in. You'll find that the threaded holes in the burners are not at perfect 90degrees, in fact they can be quite a bit off.

Oh nice, so you mounted the wind shields then bolted/screwed them to the shield? Thank you!

You could do that, but i welded it all up so it wouldn't wobble. I also drilled extra holes in the support bars in case i ever decide to lower/raise the burner, but i don't think i'll be needing to do that.

burner.JPG

btw, other designs i've seen here use a thicker gauge windscreen which obviates the need for the vertical support. But i rolled my windscreen by hand (and kitchen roller) and wasn't about to try and roll some plate steel.

Back