Banana and chocolate wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tattz0125

Reaction score
25ltr(5gallon) batch.

8kg of ripe bananas.
Peel and discard skins. pulp the flesh then boil down in 5ltrs/ gallon of water for 30mins stir continually.

Coco nibs 800g crush and boil in one ltr of water for 20 mins then add 1kg of sugar.. Brown is best I find. And let desolve.

Another pot boil 2ltr water with 2kg of sugar as well

Large mesh bag in fermenting bucket and pour all boiled contents in bag and tie tight. Add the renaming 17ltr of water to fermenting bucket

Mix 5 round tsp of pectalose and citric acid with 5 crushed campden tablets.

Add to fermenter. Leave for 3 days before pitching yeast.

Champaign or ale yeast is best.

Pitch yeast after day three leave till fermented right out. And you should know the rest. My wine normally comes out and 17%. Depending on yeast and conditions. This Will clear in secondary if you degass properly and add your sulphites and potassium sorbate. Ohh and add 1tsp of salt will push the banana flavour forward.

I always stweeten when its clear because it is very dry.

25ltr(5gallon) batch.

8kg of ripe bananas.
Peel and discard skins. pulp the flesh then boil down in 5ltrs/ gallon of water for 30mins stir continually.

Coco nibs 800g crush and boil in one ltr of water for 20 mins then add 1kg of sugar.. Brown is best I find. And let desolve.

Large mesh bag in fermenting bucket and pour all boiled contents in bag and tie tight. Add the renaming 17ltr of water to fermenting bucket

Pitch yeast after day three leave till fermented right out. And you should know the rest. My wine normally comes out and 17%. Depending on yeast and conditions. This Will clear in secondary if you degass properly and add your sulphites and potassium sorbate. Ohh and add 1tsp of salt will push the banana flavour forward.

Can this recipe be tweaked to make a fully complete chocolate wine from natural chocolate?

25ltr(5gallon) batch.

8kg of ripe bananas.

coco nibs you use 28 oz to 5 gallons. was this in the primary or sec ?

it is the skins that give the banana wine a rich yellow colour, chop and boil with the fruit then strain off but only if you don't add chocolate ha ha

Just saw a Youtube video about using nibs to make chocolate and the idea was that if you really grind the roasted nibs in a food processor the nibs liquefy and that strikes me as a possible better way to use the alcohol to extract the chocolate flavors hiding in the cocoa nibs. Don't have a chocolate wine that I am planning to make this month but next month ...

Back