Baltimore Pubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emadams1980

Reaction score
Just thought I would ask. Anyone in the Baltimore area know of any place to get good local brew? Anyone in that area willing to share some homebrew? I will be flying into Baltimore from California at the beginning of June and would love to have some brews from there.

Depends on when you're in town, but I would highly suggest going to Max's Taphouse in Fell's Point. Best selection of beer I've seen in the city. Also, any of the other bars in the Fell's Point and/or Federal Hill area are fairly decent. Those are the two "drinking" districts inside the city.

If you're going to be in the weekend of the 19th - we're having a brewday a few miles north of the city and you're welcome to attend and drink and be merry. Otherwise, pending what my schedule looks like once we get to June - I'd be happy to get together and bring some homebrew/mead/whatever or just get together and share a pint or two.

Right on, I wish I would be there on the 19th. I will be there from the 6th of June to the 11th of June. I know I will be going down to DC to have dinner one of the nights at Rock Bottom and I am catching a O's and Yanks game on Wednesday night. Other than that, I am up to get together any of the other nights.

couple of great local-brew places to check out:

Pratt Street Ale House ~ great English-style ales, brewed in-house. located a stone's throw from Camden Yards.
The Brewer's Art ~ Belgian-style, great food and atmosphere
Max's is worth the trip, for selection alone. service can be a bit spotty, though. often over-crowded.
Metropolitanl ~ in Federal Hil, have yet to get there, myself, but I've heard great things
Wharf Rat ~ in Fell's Pt, just down the alley from Max's. historic B'more bar. they have all of the Oliver Ales (Pratt Street), plus a good selection of other drafts and casks.

If you have wheels, get up to Philly for a day. It'll be the middle of Philly Beer Week, and there will be a TON of events going on all over the city.

Back