Ball Valve Replacement Seats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for replacement teflon seats in the typical 1/2" NPT ball valves? I feel like i've searched all over but have yet to find a way to avoid throwing out the st. stl. ball valve I've lost a seat for. Hard to imagine a part costing no more than $.50 could put me out of a $20 fitting.

In blichmann's marketing for their 3-piece valves they list the convenience of replacement seats as a selling point, but even they dont list a source for the gasket.

I cant imagine I'm the first to come across this deficiency. Appreciate your responses in advance.

2iratzl.jpg

It's the white piece in the pic above.

Did you call Blichman?

Actually I've never heard of one of these wearing out and until now I've never heard of anyone losing one, so I'd say there isn't much of a market for them.

As it's not from a blichmann valve, I havent called them. Their 3-piece valve has a different seat.

Spike, I figured that was the case. I was hoping mcmaster would have them and I could just add them to another order, but that doesnt seem to be the case either.

Thanks for the responses.

You sure the Blichmann has different seats? All the valves come from the same place/design. The only difference is the vinyl handle.

That appears to be a two-piece valve, while I'm pretty sure Blichmann only sells three-piece valves. I wouldn't expect those to share any parts - other than the vinyl handle ;)

Cheers!

That appears to be a two-piece valve, while I'm pretty sure Blichmann only sells three-piece valves. I wouldn't expect those to share any parts - other than the vinyl handle ;)

Cheers!

Actually a lot the parts are the same between the two. I'm looking at our drawings from the supplier and you may be right about the seals; they do look different. The ball is the same between the two. Too bad you didn't loose that!

Could it be possible to buy a cheap 1/2" brass ball valve from HD or lowes and get a seat out of that? Worse case you can return the valve if it doesn't fit.

Went to Lowes, grabbed a couple 1/2" brass valves (NPT, welded, pex) and took them to the tool department in an attempt to take the apart...no go, either I need months at the gym or those f-ers are darned near welded shut. Oh well, i guess for all my effort I can afford a new $15 fitting.

Much appreciated folks.

Back