Ball lock poppet o-ring size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidekick10121

Reaction score
Hey all. Thank you for the help on the foam issue. Turned out the oring on the post was shot. But also the poppet oring. When I pulled the line I got an eye full of beer haha. Maybe it's because I'm not searching the rite thing but does anyone know the poppet o-ring size? Is there a different name for it maybe? Thanks all

I seen those to but I need to know the size. Then I can get from a local store instead of shipping. Thanks though

Probably easiest to bring the poppet to the store and see if they can figure it out. There are several poppet types so there could be multiple sizes.

Best as I can tell, none of the OEM poppets on my random 14 keg corny collection have replaceable poppet gaskets.
They're clearly bonded to metal backing disks so the whole poppet has to be replaced as a unit.

otoh, there are at least two different style "universal poppets" that use a "christmas tree" style coil-spring and a slug with a tiny o-ring.
I believe this is the correct Mcmaster-Carr replacement [9452K14]

Cheers!

I didn't even know you can replace the poppet o-ring.

It might be easier to just replace the whole poppet.

Ok. Thank you all. Ordered a couple. Just thought it would be more efficient to replace the ring haha. But looking closer it's a flat o ring and not round. Do these typically wear out a lot? I have two that are shot

Back