Ball Lock Keg Posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
Can you put any kind of ball lock keg post on a ball lock keg?

The used kegs I picked up have some odd posts that my LHBS doesn't carry and the poppets need replacing. I certainly don't mind buying stuff online, but it'd be nice if I had something compatible if I ever needed a quick replacement part.

I don't know what kind they are right now... only descriptive I have is that the gas post requires a star wrench rather than a hex. That said, I'd like to just swap everything out (gas and liquid) for the firestone posts sold on kegconnection. They looks similar in profile - just that the gas isn't the star shape. This way I can get parts from the LHBS if needed.

Thanks for the info!

based on the info in that link (thanks), it looks like the threads are all 18 and, therefore (presumably), interchangeable.

All ball lock gas and or liquid posts are NOT compatible with all kegs. I found that out the hard way after buying a batch kegs then taking all the posts off

Make sure you keep the posts and kegs they are associated with together or expect big headaches.

Back