Bagels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
Ok, so while the baby was simmering, I mean napping, I thought I try a new to me bagel recipe and procedure. I must say, without having eaten one yet, that these are the best bagels I've ever made! In fact, if these don't turn out "to die for", I just may kill myself! :cross:

DSCN2314.jpg

DSCN2331.jpg

DSCN2332.jpg

DSCN2333.jpg

DSCN2334.jpg

Those look pretty awesome. I've made some sourdough bagels before and they turned out great. I had to work through a few hand cramps though while kneading such a thick dough.

I think the real question is, how have you not tried one yet? I can't resist eating one out of the oven.

The trick, when braising a baby, is to start at a rolling boil and reduce to a simmer for several hours... roughly one hour per pound.

Wait... we're talking about bagels?

OP, you have to clean your pots better, you never know what will grown in there. HA! The bagels look great, just like a pro.

The photos are great, but that big bagel on the top has something stuck on it. (Adorable, by the way!).

So, now that we've seen the photos, how about some details! how you did it, for one!

Back