Badass of the Week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total badassery! Badass of the century for sure. Thanks for a great war story. I remember pop & his buddies tellin us war stories since I was a little kid. Pop was a seabee in the Philippines 111th special battalion,special forces in those days. He was also at Guadal canal. Taking proved a whole lot easier than keeping it,from what he told us. He even told of his real leatherneck raider exploits destroying Japanese ammo & fuel dumps. Not mention greasin everyone around it. Kinda like this guy. But this is def a psychotic reaction (like the song).

Gotta wonder what that guy does now?
Dwight H. Johnson's life ended tragically after his return to the United States. He had been assigned to the Army Recruiting Agency in the Detroit area and also served as an Army Public Affairs Representative. On the evening of April 30, 1971, he was shot to death while attempting to holdup a liquor store in Detroit. He was subsequently buried in Section 31 of Arlington National Cemetery.
-Joe

Dwight H. Johnson's life ended tragically after his return to the United States. He had been assigned to the Army Recruiting Agency in the Detroit area and also served as an Army Public Affairs Representative. On the evening of April 30, 1971, he was shot to death while attempting to holdup a liquor store in Detroit. He was subsequently buried in Section 31 of Arlington National Cemetery.

Well crap that's an ignominious end to a Medal of Honor winner. Live by the sword, die by the sword I guess.

Back