Bad situation brings good news!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

MBasile

Reaction score
Yesterday morning half of electricity in the kitchen was out. At the same time I was cleaning out the garage and discovered an unused box for an outlet. Hired electrician + wired box = GFI outlet in the garage. I don't think it is 220v, but it means I can move the kegerator and fermentation fridge to a better location with their own outlet :D

OP
MBasile

MBasile

Reaction score
Homercidal said:
How far away from the panel is it? Maybe it would be possible to pull a 3-conductor wire through and wire it 220V?
It is in the garage, which is detached from the house. I don't really want to go electric anyways. For me the garage is for working on the cars and fermenting.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to go electric either. Until I started thinking about it bit and realized I could brew much quieter, cheaper, and not have to worry about running out of gas. Plus I could control the heat system easier for going to a re-circulatory system.

I have a 69 Mustang on one half of my garage, and the other half is for fixing cars, but it's usually full of brewing stuff. Maybe if I cleaned it...