Bad Service from Lhbs....????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after much thought and starting at least half a dozen emails I have finally cooled off enough to just say (insert word) it. I am going to do as a previous poster said kick these guys to the curb. I am not going to give this incident any more free rent space in my head.
Anyway, Morebeer is just a few miles up the road if I really have to have something right now.
I really appreciate the thought and comments. I never realized that there would be so much concern from this group. Again thanks . Time to move on to newer and better experiences.
AP

I am starting to get to the point where I need to complain to my LHBS. I understand there is a hop and grain shortage and I don't mind paying a little more, and understand a few items might be hard to come by but damn...they have been out of everything for the last 2 months:mad:

There is only one now in Albuquerque NM now and I do most of my buying on line from homebrewery or morebeer, need to try Austin more cause they are closer. I usually get 50 pound basic grains from my local microbrewery, and they are alot cheaper.

The one in ABQ is not bad, but does alot more wine then beer. Prices are ok, but I usually can get things quicker and cheaper on line even including shipping.

I just wish I had a LHBS. If nothing eles, it would be nice to be able to pick up a $3 item without having to pay for shipping. As it is, I use AHB because of their flat shipping, but I forgo getting those 'little things' (like a wine thief) because I like to save up for a 'big' order in order to not spend too much on shipping.

It would also be nice to be able to talk to other brewers, since right now, the ONLY brewers I know are on HBT.

I just wish I had a LHBS. If nothing eles, it would be nice to be able to pick up a $3 item without having to pay for shipping.

I like to save up for a 'big' order in order to not spend too much on shipping.

Shucks, looks like you'll have to buy more then;) Seriously, though, I did the same thing as far as sitting on a shopping cart (online) for about 5 days until I couldn't think of anything else I needed. Then I realized I forgot the stinkin' caps...doh!!!

These days I tend more toward a "take no bull$h!t" attitude. If a seller of anything acts like they don't need my business, then they don't get it. Consumption is largely the fuel of this capitalist economy. As a consumer, I am sick of being expected to pay more to get less(in this case less service). If a retailer burns me even once, I have no qualms about ditching them. I consider past performance before walking away, of course, but if they are mediocre to begin with and then burn me, I walk away.

Brew Runner said:
These days I tend more toward a "take no bull$h!t" attitude. If a seller of anything acts like they don't need my business, then they don't get it. Consumption is largely the fuel of this capitalist economy. As a consumer, I am sick of being expected to pay more to get less(in this case less service). If a retailer burns me even once, I have no qualms about ditching them. I consider past performance before walking away, of course, but if they are mediocre to begin with and then burn me, I walk away.
Exactly why I made the decision described at post #41.
AP

chione said:
I have been going to American Home Brew Supply http://www.redkart.com/ahbs/ and really like them. Vance the owner is the only employee. When I first went in I
had a partial brew kit that someone gave me. I just brought everything in and said I want to make beer what else do I need. He spent over an hour with me and didn’t recommend the most expensive products nor did he sell me anything that I didn’t need plus spent a bunch of time telling how to brew step by step. Every time I go in he has been super helpful.

Vance is cool. He'll stand around and jaw with you for a while. Gives good advice. i wonder if he gets much business as he's back in the boondocks there. When I get to all grain I was going to order bulk from him. Homebrewmart is a bit far to drive and their prices are pretty high for a company that sells beer as well. I've had a few "experiences" there too. Vance is always helpful.

RickWG said:
Vance is cool. He'll stand around and jaw with you for a while. Gives good advice. i wonder if he gets much business as he's back in the boondocks there. When I get to all grain I was going to order bulk from him. Homebrewmart is a bit far to drive and their prices are pretty high for a company that sells beer as well. I've had a few "experiences" there too. Vance is always helpful.

Off the 15 and 52 is not really the boondocks. I live in La Jolla so it is only 7 min from house. Never been to Homebrewmart, might head over there some time to look around but I have happy giving my money to Vance

Back