Bad brew weekend :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score
So I had an awesome brew day on Saturday. I brewed my own variation on DFH90. Wort smelled and tasted great. I pitched a vial of White Labs English Ale....

nothing....

36 hours later....

...nothing.

AND

I had no back-up yeast to pitch.

AND

To make things even worse, my LHBS is closed Sunday & Monday. I'll be there when they open at 11:30 Tuesday and I'll run home to dump two packs of notty on it.

AND

for one last kick in the pants, I get to work Monday morning and find a nice small box from Brewmasters' Warehouse on my desk....It's the WLP Bastogne that I've been waiting for....It was nice and warm from sitting for 3 days.

....Lovely.

:drunk:

(No fault of the retailer. I did not see his email about delivery.)

Sounds like an all-around crappy weekend. For a beer as big as DFH90 I would think you'd want to make a pretty big starter when using liquid yeast. Hopefully the Notty saves it for you!

I should have said that I do small batches (3 gallon) which usually means one pack is fine for anything sub a big barleywine or something. But, I might get in the habit of doing it now just to test the viability of the yeast. (and keep a few packs of notty and US-05 in the freezer!)

Back