Bad Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lafin

Reaction score
Please help. Saw this floating at the top of my beer. I noticed dirt looking specs on the inside of the glass above the beer. A week later I have these white spots floating on top. They aren't furry... so I don't think it is mold. The carboy wash rinsed and sanitized with starsan before I transferred. I used a White Labs English Ale yeast. Should I drink it anyways or would that be certain death? I am mostly just concerned about contaminating my keg. Any thoughts?

IMG_0474.jpg

Lafin said:
Please help. Saw this floating at the top of my beer. I noticed dirt looking specs on the inside of the glass above the beer. A week later I have these white spots floating on top. They aren't furry... so I don't think it is mold. The carboy wash rinsed and sanitized with starsan before I transferred. I used a White Labs English Ale yeast. Should I drink it anyways or would that be certain death? I am mostly just concerned about contaminating my keg. Any thoughts?

Try it!! It most certainly won't kill you! Have you gotten a hydrometer reading to see where its at?If it tastes good flat it'll taste terrific carbed!

I had some last night. Beer turned out awesome. Thanks for everyone's input.

Back