Bacon....Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would try it! This quote is pretty good:

“One of two things will happen,” Mr. Oliver predicted. “Either this will be the most amazingly disgusting thing you’ve ever tasted in your life. Or I shall rule the earth.”

very cool concept with the beer the bread and the milk full circle
. I imagine the bacon Beer would be similar to Schlenkerla Marzen. Very Smokey Rauchbier. The intense smokey almost speaks bacon.

i saw on dinners driveins and dives one time,
this joint took some nice kentucky bourbon like makers mark or wild turkey
and they would fry up some bacon and pore the clean grease in to a mason jar when it had cooled some but still very liqud, they would pour the Whiskey on top of the bacon fat. after it sat out for a few hours to exstract the smoke and bacon taste the jar would be placed in the frezer. in an hour or so the fat would form in to a hard puck on top of the Whiskey , then two hole where poked thought the puck and the Whiskey was decanted back in to its bottle.

Guy very relucatantly took a shot with the owner
and afterward said it was suprizingly good but really wierd too.

Oh, and doesn't just reading about it bring about the Homer Simpson in all of us? The Magical Animal combined with beer? This is something like a vision of Nirvana......

My bass player got into brewing a bit after I did for the sole reason that he wanted to do a bacon beer. I was fairly new to the craft and I remember gently advising him against it, but eventually going along regardless. I'm trying to remember the method we used. Started off with a basic imperial stout recipe. I believe we used bacon in the boil, all the while skimming off the fat, and I'm pretty sure he racked onto bourbon-soaked bacon in the secondary. Maple syrup went in there at some point too. Damn good beer, all said.

Back