Backed Up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodwha

Reaction score
Ever do just a bit too much and find yourself backed up needing to brew and bottle the same day? This is now my second, and on my daughter's dance class day, which I went to and put off bottling as it was a small test batch and not too big of a deal to do.

The first time was brewing a small batch and bottling a typical batch, which took some time, but wasn't as hard to juggle as I figured it would be.

I'm actually considering doing this as protocol now and calling it a beer day…

:ban:

I hear ya, I planned on bottling and brewing a new batch today. After cleanup was done on the new batch I didnt feel like bottling. I just started sterilizing bottles in the oven which I think will be a huge time saver, I can do it the day before and keep them in the oven ready to go.

This is standard protocol for me since I started kegging. To keep the "pipeline" rolling, when a keg blows I will brew up another and rack the beer in the fermenter to the now empty keg & fill the now empty fermenter with the days brew often utilizing the yeast cake in the process.
When I bottled it was just too long a day to bottle & brew in the same day. I shudder at the thought of bottling any more but still do for specialty beers I plan on gifting, aging or entering in comps.

I keg/bottle on brewdays. Otherwise my slaves, er helpers, would drink more than we are producing. Gotta keep this crazy train on the tracks.

I always back my bottling and brewing up together. Spin up the starter on Tuesday after returning from the LHBS with a dozen pounds of malted grain, bottle Friday evening after work, brew Saturday morning. Gotta leverage that half bucket of Starsan!!!

I have brewed and bottled on the same day, but my sugar, sanitized bottles and bucket, not to mention my labeled ingredients with easy (for me) to follow brew day instructions were all done the day before.

I get my family involved in bottling. The wife fills the bottles my lil baby girl hands her the empties. My boy grabs the full ones from the wife and sets them on the counter. I cap, check, rinse and pack the completed bottles.

I figure if nothing else it's family time. Oddly enough, everybody's got my back on the keezer now.

Back