Back to work again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerN

Reaction score
Well it's back to the North Sea again. catch the train for Aberdeen this afternoon. Any posts I get in this morning will be the last ones for about a month.
I've already bought the kit for next leave from Brewferm it is Oud Vlaams Bruin

"A very aromatic, full bodied, Belgian Brown Ale with liquorice notes and a moderate alcohol content.
Made from the best malts and the finest hops.
Ingredients:
hopped malt extract
yeast in separate sachet
For 12 litres of beer
Alc. 6,0% vol.
O.G. 1.060"

I'll be using Begian candy sugar and replacing the sachet of dried yeast with Whitelabs WLP 550 Belgian ale yeast. Bottled this leave and conditioning while I'm away (the advantage of my job) is,
Diabolo
"A golden coloured, full bodied beer with a pleasant sweet taste but a high degree of alcohol: a diabolic beer!
Made from the best malts and the finest hops.
Ingredients:
hopped malt extract
yeast in separate sachet
For 9 litres of beer
Alc. 8,0% vol.
O.G. 1.075"

It is supposed to be a Duvel type beer. Which I'll be drinking in the Prince of Wales in Aberdeen this evening :D

Roger.

I've got one of those Diabolo, also the Abdij, Christmas and Tarwebiers lined up. Will be brewing the Christmas real soon and leaving till xmas. it makes 7 litres, so 14 half litre bottles. So I'll be adapting the song to the 14 days of christmas. :)
Will brew the others up in quick succession so I have plenty of strong beer for the winter months!

I never went yesterday! :D
Crew change has been delayed 24 hours so time for more homebrew before going dry for a month :( :( :(
Ken, the Abbey beer is on my list of to do also.

Roger.

gone for a month? bummer! i'll toast a few of my pale ales and soon-to-be ordinary bitters for you.......
be safe and dry!

Back