Back on the bike

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marquez

Reaction score
I've really appreciated the great info and good company here.

I've become a better brewer for sure!

Now its time for me to re-ignite a previous obsession, mountain biking.

Since college, I've experienced a transformation from a fit young man into a pale, hairy, and fat middle aged ****.

I will turn back the scale, since I can not turn back the clock. Back on the bike!

I've joined twospoke.com. Check it out, its like HBT for cyclists.

Congrats and welcome back to a great hobby, now the hard part is trying to find time to keep up with brewing AND biking... Mountain biking and great beer (post ride) go hand-in-hand. I'm guessing that there is likely to be some sort of local mountain bike club in your area, I'd ask around and see what's out there... Local clubs are a great way to find new people to ride with and/or do big group rides with. In the DC area we have a very active club, in fact I just got home from a volunteer trail workday where we had 75 people out working on the trails.

I am in exactly the same boat! I've been trying to get out on the bike more, but it's been tough. I need to make it much higher on the priority list and get out there every single week.

That is the one thing I miss about living in town rather than living in the sticks like I do now. When I lived in town I rode my bicycle everywhere. I rode to work, I rode the the store, I rode to the bars, you name it. I could get across town as fast (or faster) on a bicycle than I could in a car. One summer I filled up the gas tank on my truck on Memorial Day and didn't need to refill it again until Labor Day. Then I moved to the sticks, got a dog, had kids, and got a job that requires a vehicle. Not much bicycling for me nowadays.......

I was just looking at my mtn. bike hanging up out in the garage earlier.
Thinking that I need to get back out and ride this year!!! I really miss it.

I have been wanting to ride but currently my addition/remodel and kids in sports are taking all my time. Soon though very soon I hope to get some ride time back.

Back