back from an amazing trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
I put a post up about a month ago about the motorcycle trip I was going to take and see if anyone wanted to meet up or something, well I had to change where we were going since it was too damn cold in Canada and I didn't end up meeting anyone, but I figured I would post a link to some of the pictures we took of where we did go.

http://picasaweb.google.com/z987ka/MotorcycleTour

Worst thing is, I come back and my kegerators are empty. Need to brew!

img_1554.jpg

I thought this pic was awesome.

img_1557.jpg

hell yeah!

... is there a happy-ending story to the pic showing some chain tensioner bits missing..?

Tell us about the temp. changes on one given ride day. I have read about them before (Rockies) and it sounds like it can be quite dramatic.

yeah, I'm actually doing an entire write up on every day for a ride report to another forum I visit... advrider.com and I can post that when I get it done, it will kind of narrate the pictures.

But yeah, this pic?

cimg3134.jpg

that is the axle nut missing. I needed to tighten my chain in Sedona, AZ and that requires taking the axle nut off, so I just loosened it a bit but let it hanging on the bolt. Tightened the chain and headed up towards flagstaff. When I get to flagstaff I was like damn this thing is handling funny. Oh hey axle nut is gone, I forgot to re-tighten it. Glad I didn't get hurt, it's the only thing really holding the rear wheel on. Ended up going to like 5 autopart stores in Flagstaff looking for a 16mm with 1.5mm threads nut. Ended up finding it at this place that sold just nuts and bolts, go figure.

As far as temp change, the most extreme was probably when we left death valley in the morning it was about 100F already and a few hours later we were crossing the Sierra Nevadas at 9400 feet and it was around 35F with snow everywhere.

Man, am i jealous! I sold my last bike about a year ago...and haven't been to Yosemite in about 5 years. Last time I went with a group of 10 people or so and we hiked up to Glacier Point (yes I know the bus goes up there), hiked the Panorama trail to Vernal Falls, and up to Half Dome the next day. Can't wait to go back!

we did a bunch of hiking up until I severely sprained my ankle... it ruined a bit of fun in yellowstone and the tetons and the badlands, but still a good time.

Back