Baby Teething

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Can't wait for it to be over! The good days of 7-8 hours of straight sleep is missed.

Nothing a little Jack Daniels on the gum won't sooth. :cross:

Hang in there.

My baby is just going through this as well. I've tried the JD and it definitely helps me sleep better, though my wife and baby still have problems. Maybe I should share? :)

Glad we are done with that. I feel for ya! They do sell that stuff that helps, kind of like Anbesol but it is only temporary.

I have a 3.5 y/o and a 10 mo/o. I don't think I have had more then 4 hours straight sleep since Nov, 2004 when my wife was put on bed rest at 22 weeks.

I've got an 8 month old and he hasn't cut a tooth yet... I'm not looking forward to when he does either.

Man, I feel your pain. Ours is finally cutting his last two canines. The baby orajel seemed to help some but it would turn him into a drooling machine. A finger dipped in Jim Beam worked beautifully! Instant relief and would help him sleep.

Keep in mind (just something to have in the back of the noodle just for reassurance) that often they will get diarrhea and have a low grade fever when teething, and obviously drooling like there's no tomorrow :D.

You know, it is strange but we went through hell with our first two when they were teething. With the last two, you wouldn't hardly even know aside from the drool all over everything from 2-1/2' down.

Been through it too. Not fun at all.

I guess we didn;t learn our lessons the first time cause we are about to go through it again starting January. :drunk:

Both of my kids LOVED it when we would freeze damp washcloths for them. Really the only thing that worked.

+1 for Motrin vs. ANYTHING else in terms of pain.

This too shall pass...

We were lucky. Neither of our kids had many issues with teething, beyond the diarrhea, slight fever and drooling. Baby Orajel and infant Tylenol/Motrin really did the trick.

Now colic, I can tell you some stories about that.

From cutting teeth to borrowing your car, kids exist to suck the life force out of you and then leave your dried out corpse behind. It is the natural order of things.

My cousins kid knawed on the frozen teething ring like a pit bull. I remember they had a couple of them in rotation. he has a video, it was really cute.
Try it.

Back