Baby Beer! Making beer to celebrate birth of my son.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berny88

Reaction score
I have an idea of what styles may age well for very long (officially 21 years, but lets me honest, my son will have some earlier), but I just want to hear from some experts and maybe a specific recipe.

Anyone ever make a beer for their baby to drink two decades later, or simply make a beer back in the mid-late 90's that still tastes good now?

No experience in anything like this but if I was to brew a beer that would have to sit for years, I'd probably do a RIS or barleywine and dry hop ot too. Not much chance there will be any hop aroma left but it helps to preserve the beer.

I think it's a fun idea and at least you'll have a story to tell when you finally pop the first one open with your son.

I've kicked around the idea of doing a fortified beer. Personally I would just brew a celebratory beer. Then maybe brew it annually.

Back