Azacca, Ekuanot, Wai-Iti NEIPA hop combo, thoughts appreciated.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tegman

Reaction score
Working on another hop combo for a NEIPA based on what I have in house. Looking over the flavor notes for these hops they seem like a good combo. Trying to get away from adding Citra to everything. Slightly concerned about the lime presence overwhelming everything. I'd like to stick with the Azacca Wai-Iti combo and I have a lot of other options for the third so throw out some ideas. Thank you

I just kicked a keg of Brut IPA that was 100% Azacca. It gave me a ton of passionfruit and mango. It worked great as a standalone hop, but if you want a blend, I'd stick with tropical fruity, or maybe stone fruity hops. Never used Wai-Iti or Ekuanot, so I can't comment on them specifically.

Wai-iti will most likely get flattened by those other two hops. It’s a great hop in more subtle beers. I always get too much green pepper from Ekuanot. Supposedly if you use it in the WP that character doesn’t come though as much.

Wai-iti will most likely get flattened by those other two hops. It’s a great hop in more subtle beers. I always get too much green pepper from Ekuanot. Supposedly if you use it in the WP that character doesn’t come though as much.

That makes sense about getting lost in the shuffle. I haven't worked with Ekuanot before either. Now I'm leaning Comet / Azacca / and a bit of HBC342 in the DH. Thanks for responding.

Back