Awful product names that still made it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memorex88

Reaction score
You know what I'm talking about, things like Shamwow. Did they stay up all night thinking of that? Or Jig-a-loo, there's a winner!
Yet these products still made it and for some reason the name sticks in your head.

So what other products can you think of with an "idiot" name :p

Anything that starts with 'i' that is not from Apple. It's fine that Apple has 'i' everything because that's their thing, but everyone else thinks putting one letter in front of your product will make it cool. Having 'i-something' technology on your washing machine is not cool.

Not necessarily a product but the local cable companies baseball promotion is "Sox on Cox" I can't believe that one made it out.

like this?

ifeast.jpg

Its just a fake box you can put a real gift in, but pretty funny.

Yesterday, I was trying to remember "Camary" and just said something like "You know, the Toyota Clitoris or whatever." You know, I think they could totally market that.

You know what I'm talking about, things like Shamwow. Did they stay up all night thinking of that? Or Jig-a-loo, there's a winner!
Yet these products still made it and for some reason the name sticks in your head.

So what other products can you think of with an "idiot" name :p

Does anyone under 20 know what Memorex is?

SnugWow!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_uRcjRAIc]YouTube - Real Time With Bill Maher: The snug Wow (03/20/09)[/ame]

Linux. Is it pronounced linn-ucks, line-ucks or lee-nucks?! I pronounce it line-ucks and I always think of Charlie Brown's buddy.

Grey Poupon. 'Nuff said.

Not necessarily a product but the local cable companies baseball promotion is "Sox on Cox" I can't believe that one made it out.

That is pretty funny. Do they still use it? If not how long did it take them to figure out that was not a good name for it?

That is pretty funny. Do they still use it? If not how long did it take them to figure out that was not a good name for it?

I only ever saw one commercial, but I don't watch much TV where sports are advertised.

On a related note the new train in Seattle was call the South Lake Union Trolley, that is until people started calling it the "SLUT" :mug:

Back