Quantcast

Awful product names that still made it.

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Memorex88

Reaction score
You know what I'm talking about, things like Shamwow. Did they stay up all night thinking of that? Or Jig-a-loo, there's a winner!
Yet these products still made it and for some reason the name sticks in your head.

So what other products can you think of with an "idiot" name :p

david_42

Reaction score
Ford Probe - One of the few Fords that was purchased more by women than men.

neko

Reaction score
Anything that starts with 'i' that is not from Apple. It's fine that Apple has 'i' everything because that's their thing, but everyone else thinks putting one letter in front of your product will make it cool. Having 'i-something' technology on your washing machine is not cool.

Tenchiro

Reaction score
Not necessarily a product but the local cable companies baseball promotion is "Sox on Cox" I can't believe that one made it out.

Bedlam

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was trying to remember "Camary" and just said something like "You know, the Toyota Clitoris or whatever." You know, I think they could totally market that.

OP
Memorex88

Memorex88

Reaction score
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Cooking & Baking sticks

Is that a mouthful of words for a pruduct

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
SlapChop!

"Stop having a boring breakfast, stop having a boring life! You followin me camera guy?"

Reaction score
You know what I'm talking about, things like Shamwow. Did they stay up all night thinking of that? Or Jig-a-loo, there's a winner!
Yet these products still made it and for some reason the name sticks in your head.

So what other products can you think of with an "idiot" name :p
Does anyone under 20 know what Memorex is?

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
SnugWow!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_uRcjRAIc]YouTube - Real Time With Bill Maher: The snug Wow (03/20/09)[/ame]

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Linux. Is it pronounced linn-ucks, line-ucks or lee-nucks?! I pronounce it line-ucks and I always think of Charlie Brown's buddy.

Grey Poupon. 'Nuff said.

jgln

Reaction score
Not necessarily a product but the local cable companies baseball promotion is "Sox on Cox" I can't believe that one made it out.
That is pretty funny. Do they still use it? If not how long did it take them to figure out that was not a good name for it?

Tenchiro

Reaction score
That is pretty funny. Do they still use it? If not how long did it take them to figure out that was not a good name for it?
I only ever saw one commercial, but I don't watch much TV where sports are advertised.

On a related note the new train in Seattle was call the South Lake Union Trolley, that is until people started calling it the "SLUT" :mug: