Awesome score on used brewery eqiupment and supplies!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
The former owner of a now defunct WA brewery called me yesterday and asked if I'd be interested in some stuff that he has in his storage unit left over from when he closed his brewery. Of course I responded with an enthusiastic YES!

Well I went over to look at the items he had and came a way with a ton of cool stuff.

Literally hundreds of feet of new gas and beer line, quick diconnects, ball lock and Sanke fittings, 5 gallon drums of caustic, acid sanitizers and Iodopher, heavy duty brewer's hose, about 500 feet of 1'' and 1.5 '' copper piping with ball lock valves, A wort pump, etc.

All he said he wants in return is for me to buy him a beer. :rockin:

He's got several Naked City beers coming his way, that's for sure. :mug:

Edit - I wish I had my camera to take a picture. I dropped the stuff off at my brew partners house. I'll try and get one the next time I head over there.

****IN' A!

That's wicked sweet, dude! Does this gent realize how much he could get for that copper tubing at the scrap yard? That dude just scored some MAJOR karma points.

Originally posted by the_bird
Does this gent realize how much he could get for that copper tubing at the scrap yard?

Yeah, he knows. He said that he'd thought about just taking to a scrap yard and selling it but he'd rather help out another brewer that could use it.

It's awesome how supportive ALL the local industry folks have been. First, we get over $200 in free hops from two local breweries to brew Hoptrocity and now this. It's very cool.

I love this business. :rockin:

Oh man, if I were in your shoes I'd have had to be wearing my brown pants. Because after hearing that wonderful news I'd have seriously crapped them!

So what kind of beer did you buy him, Miller Select, Budlight, or Keystone? :D

Back