Awesome real names (Not funny ones)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
There are loads of threads out there for stupid names.......

What about those people you have met.....Real live people, that have names that made you jealous of their name, simply for it's cool factor.

Ex friends and acquaintances:

Old Friend: Tony Rocket......Rocket!? are you kidding me!!? Your name could be Homer, but that surname would STILL make you cool!

Ex workmate: Jason Steel.....James Bond would kill for that upgrade. (And he has a license to do that)

Old acquaintance: Jenny Rainbow...... Are you kidding me!? Do you crap puppies?

Old friend: Carol Hoare.....Sorry Carol, that's not a cool name at all.

Real people I actually know:

Jack Knopf (swear to God)
Mike Hawke (as in a bar, "Let me introduce you to Mike Hawke")
Steele Magnet (owns the local motel)

These guys live in my town.

Freind of a freind (does it still count if I have meet them a couple of times :D): Just had a new daughter and they named her Indie, second name Anna! Would of been awesome if their last name was Jones!

I went to high school with a girls Anita woody but the always pronounced here name I need a woody over the loud speaker at school. Later I became friends with her brother and her daddy's name was Harold and he went by Harry. Harry woody.

Couple guys at my work...

Brian Griffin. Looks nothing like the character.
Richard Meister. Pretty sure he doesn't go by Dick. But it's fun to pretend he does.

That's the best I got.

Stainless Steele.

True story. Great high school baseball player. Maybe went further.

I used to work with a Michael Hawk and a Michael Hunt, both of em went by Mike. I went to high school with a Harry Dick. And I met a guy named Nimrod Pantz (I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean in Hebrew what it means in English). No joke.

I went to a Urologist years ago named "Dr. Dickey"! I gave him a button that he got a big kick out of that said "Life is a Pisser!" True story.....

I used to know a guy named Rusty Brown. I work with a guy named Joe Justice.

I bought a boat from a guy named Ted Williams and there was a bartender in Key West I knew about 20 years ago named Tom Sawyer.

My first job I worked at a garden center at a walmart. Sold a lawn mower to a lady named Dixie Cox.

I made her repeat it a few times when she told me her name to make sure I was hearing it right.

I had Fred Kruger for a shop teacher, his son Fred Jr. was also in my graduating class, as was Jimmy Siemen. I also went to school with Rhiannon (parents favorite song) and a guy named Yuma (that is where he was conceived).

I also had a employee named Richard Speck who went by Butch rather than Richard

I also know a Ponce DeLeon. I cant remember his last name off hand, but when I raised a eyebrow, he pulled out his DL to show me his first and middle name.

When I used to work for a cell company we used to have access to all kinds of data before they cracked down on our access, and we had all kinds of fun.

It all started with Jesus Gay. But the best in what had to be a legally change name was Frima F****man

I had a friend in high school named Bumper Forward. His real name was Gregory Forward, but not even his mom called him that. He would never explain how he became Bumper

I talk to tons of people all day and have come across from crazy names. Some off the top of my head are Man Butt, Lorraine Brown-Tunnel, and Jesus Christ. My orthopedic surgeon's name is Dr. Axe.

My sister went to school with a girl whose last name was Harder. Her dad was name Richard and really preferred to go by Dick.

work with a guy named Richard Palmer...I wonder why he doesn't go by the name Dick...

The ex-head of the Board of Education here was named Doctor Doctor. And yes, he had a PhD, so he was Doctor Doctor Doctor.

I had a friend in college, whose name was Glenn Zwang.

Went to school with John Doe
Through work: Deth Sok - Don't know how it's pronounced, but I always read it as Death Sock (as in punch)
Local MMA fighter: Waachiim Spiritwolf (real name, on his birth certificate)

I went to college with a girl named Purdy Ho and a guy named Brad Pitts.

Slightly OT, but at Harvard (not where I went to college), there's a passageway that connects Widener and Pusey Libraries. It's unofficially called the "Widener-Pusey Tunnel"

When I was a kid,I had a good buddy who's given name was Butch Cassidy. We hung out so much,people used to say to me,"so who are you,the Sundance Kid?". Also had a guy in my high school graduation class named Hy Zhitnik(sp?). And me & my bro's fishin buddy was a tall guy named Butts.

I once worked with a cardiologist whose last name was "Dahdah". They were forever calling his name over the hospital intercom system..."Dr. Dahdah, please call 6021. Dr. Dahdah, please call 6021..."

Which means I got that stupid song stuck in my head, EVERY TIME. Da da daa da!

Back