Awesome Home Depot service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I had the best Home Depot experience today. Seriously.

I had bought an organizer, but there was a wrong piece so I had to return it. Problem is that I lost the receipt. :( I figured I might as well just take whatever they give me in store credit and get something new.

New procedure at the Depot...they can look things up by credit card! So I not only got the full refund, but they were able to give me a price difference credit on another thing I bought.

Then, I saw a 10 gallon Igloo cooler on the top rack of a rack, so I asked about it. It was the only one in the store, and they were willing to get it for me. They had to get a forklift to get it down, but they were happy to do so and I ended up getting a round 10 gallon Igloo cooler for $40. I also bought a work bench that I set up, and got a hole saw so I can cut a hole in my brew kettle.

Perchance, was that a newish store that you went to, Cheese? I always seem to have good experiences at the new, bad at the old. I've heard from people that work there that they intentionally over-staff the new stores, then let staffing die down through attrition over time.

the_bird said:
Perchance, was that a newish store that you went to, Cheese? I always seem to have good experiences at the new, bad at the old. I've heard from people that work there that they intentionally over-staff the new stores, then let staffing die down through attrition over time.

That must be what happened to my store. You're lucky if you can find someone to ask a question, and even luckier if they know what their doing

Back