Avvinatore problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeinCT

Reaction score
So I just received my avvinatore today from Annapolis Brew Supplies. I was glad to get it cuz I am bottleing this weekend. I am pretty sure I put it togehter correctly. I went by the pictoral on the side of the carton. I pumped it a few times with water and it works....But - I am sure the spring inside is bent. It is not going to be trouble free like this. I have tried to fix this but so far no luck. I did see one other post wih a similar topic.

Anybody have any ideas? I would like this to work correctly. If I can't get this one to work does anyone know of an alternate?

thanks, Mike

Why do you think the spring is bent? It's such a small space it's doubtful you bent it, especially if it's working. There's not much too it, if you think it's bent, just take it apart and put it back together.

But I don't believe that it is seating into the bottom of the tube. There fore the amount that extends below the bottom of the tube is too long. Because it is so long it wants to bend over in position. I just tried to force it down deep into the plunger and I think despite this is is still about 1" from being properly seated.

Thats what I have so far...thanks for the response..Mike

Correct length despite not being seated to bottom, No bending now, works smoothly...should have done this from the start...thanks again for the help...Mike

I just had the same problem. The spring is a little to long IMHO. If you just got yours and are reading this thread, just press down firmly with the spring on to the place where it sets and give it a few good turns. It will seat better. Also, the thing takes quite a few pumps to prime, so don't worry if its not going right away.

Back