Avery labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDey

Reaction score
I know that Avery-the label company makes labels that would be the right size for 12 oz. bottles. Has anyone ever used these?
If so-does anyone know the serial ## that would be the best? Once I knwo that, it will help with the formatting.

every paper company is going to be different on your printer and how it prints...best is to see if you could get a sample sheet and print a test run on it. If everything works out go buy a pack

Ive been using the name tag labels and put them on horizonatally. I want to find something that fits better though. They come off alright if you soak them for a while. They crumble though, so they dont come off whole like some labels will.

Never had a problem removing Avery labels...:D

EDIT: The 1" round labels are #05410. 600 labels to a package. Says to use template 5112 for the label...removable (not necessary since you'll be putting them on non-reusable caps).

TheJadedDog said:
Personally I steer clear of the Avery labels, they are a real PITA to remove; it's less work to use a glue stick when applying them then trying to get the avery labels off.

Have you tried the REMOVABLE Avery labels?? They use a different glue that slips right off without residue. I use them on my bottles all the time.

I think they come in yellow packaging instead of blue, if I remember correctly.

Trapaddict said:
Checked the link to Staples. Eeegads!!!! $21.99 for 150 labels? WOW!! That adds like $3.50 to the cost of each case of beer. Ouch!

Jeff

That is 1/3 the cost of a cornie keg. Think about your options.

I use those Avery 6464 removable ones. I run them through the color laser at work. They rock. No bleeding....easy removal...perfect size. I don't mind the cost....I didn't get into homebrewing to save money!

-Todd:rockin:

I use 3/4" 05467 round removable labels. I use the click and create function online and put them on the bottle caps. Nothing fancy around my house.

Barry

Back