Avantco IC3500

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhit87

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I received the Avantco IC3500 as a Christmas gift and brewed on it today. I also test boiled 2 gallons of water yesterday just to get an idea of how long it would take. My pot is an 8G Megapot 1.2. The IC3500 has 2 circles and it seems to me that heat is only generated within the smaller circle no matter what power setting I use. I am basing this on where I observed bubbling taking place. Is this normal? Or should the heat be more even over the bottom of my pot?

I've been using the same 3500 burner for the last 4 years with an 8 gallon Tall Boy kettle which I believe is very similar to the megapot. I believe the heat is only generated in the "smaller circle"as you put it because that is about the diameter of where the slight residue left on the bottom of the pot extends to. I have been very happy with the 3500.

Thanks for the reply. I definitely liked it on my first brew. Just surprised that heat is not generated all the way to the larger circle. Thought I might have a defective unit.

Back