Australian Egnima hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKaranka

Reaction score
Has anybody tried these? Available online over here. Sounds like classic hophead territory:

http://www.hops.com.au/products/enigma-

" Our formal tasting sessions have given us interesting terms like ‘Pinot Gris’, ‘raspberries’, and ‘redcurrant’, through to rock melon and light tropical fruit."

Apparently it's parentage is Tettnang and it's 13-15% aa!

I was being hesitant about Enigma.
Held off and now cannot get any. I am bloody kicking myself as this hop sound amazing

Managed to get 5kg of Enigma (live in Germany). Brewed a couple of times with them. First was a single hop pale ale and it was astounded me. Going into the fermenter it tasted very citrusy, couple of weeks in bottles the Nelson style grape and sweetness kicked in, then after a month or so it mellowed out into a lovely mixture of both flavours.

Then brewed a spring ale with Enigma and Hallertauer Blanc... Those 2 really seem to compliment each other. Been kegged a few weeks and it's full of non-citrus fruit and grape flavours. Definitely a sound alternative to Nelson (if Nelson is as hard to come by in the US as it is here!)

Back