Austin homebrew Supply Beer Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filter

Reaction score
I just ordered a kit for Austin Homebrew Supply, has anyone used them before?
how are there kits?
I ordered the Moose Drool kit i hope its good
Thansk Lenny

AHS is awesome, but I cannot vouch for "Moose Drool":D
I order form them all the time.

They are a great place to purchase kits and supplies, and the shipping fees are reasonable if you're not in a huge hurry.

The owner is a member of this site, you'll probably see him around. Very convenient if you have a question/concern about your order.

blacklab said:
The owner is a member of this site, you'll probably see him around. Very convenient if you have a question/concern about your order.

Just be sure to include the full name "Austin Homebrew Supply" not AHS if you are posting a question that you want Forrest to answer...He searches specifically for the whole phrase to see if anyone's got any questions or concerns.....

(I haven't seen him around the last few days, I hope he's OK?)

Revvy said:
Just be sure to include the full name "Austin Homebrew Supply" not AHS if you are posting a question that you want Forrest to answer...He searches specifically for the whole phrase to see if anyone's got any questions or concerns.....

I think I seen him post just yesterday or the day before that in a topic about ordering Bulk grain.

Revvy said:

I am ok. I just touched down in Portland, Oregon. I will be here for a couple weeks. I will still check in.

Forrest

I like Forrest so much that I have propositioned him several times, and as of yet he has not shown any interest in carrying my alien love child.

Donasay said:
I like Forrest so much that I have propositioned him several times, and as of yet he has not shown any interest in carrying my alien love child.

That ungrateful bastid! :D

Seriously though, AHS is a great place to order from. They have more kits available then anywhere else online that I've seen. You can make great beer using their kits whether you're just getting started doing extract or if you're an advanced brewer. You'll find that a lot of people from here order from them.

I haven't ordered from there yet, but it looks like the best place to get kits online.

EVERY SINGLE KIT on the site has an extract, mini-mash, and all grain option. If you're a mini-masher, it makes it extremely easy to get the recipe you want and no calculations to worry about. AHS is a little on the pricier side (cost of kit + separate yeast cost) but you get what you pay for... quality.

You had to say Moose Drool! That is one of my favorite beers from the state where I was raised. In fact the brewer there helped me design my brown ale.

I did not know they had a kit for it. AHB may get an order from me for it. Let me know how it tastes.

i have heard lots of guy's talking about moose drool but i have never tried it, i let you know how it gose
Lenny

Filter said:
I just ordered a kit for Austin Homebrew Supply, has anyone used them before?
how are there kits?
I ordered the Moose Drool kit i hope its good
Thansk Lenny

I just transferred the AHS Nippers IPA to keg. I tasted the samples at gravity check and it was great, I can't wait until it is fully carbed.
They are great and really interesting mix of kits, too.

I'm drinking my Arrogant Bastard Ale clone from AHS and it's great! Being in Houston, shipping only takes 1 day for me :mug:

FishinDave07 said:
The AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen is a hit! It's the best thing to wet your whistle when summer kicks in down in Florida

Thats good to hear since I'm bottling a batch of that on Saturday.

cellardoor said:
Thats good to hear since I'm bottling a batch of that on Saturday.
Drinking that now. Kicks the crap out of the Widmer hefe I had last night at dinner.

Of course, I live three minutes from AHS so it's hard to picture buying stuff anywhere else. The in-store staff has always been very helpful as well.

I have their Raspberry Chocolate Stout brewing right now. The wort smelled great during the boil. It also smells great fermenting. I will be taking a gravity reading in 5 more days. I can't wait to see how it tastes.

P.S. being in Fort Worth if i get the order in early enough it only takes one day for me to get the package, if not it takes 2. i try to get my orders in my Wednesday at the latest.

Their cream ale is absolutely fantastic. Best beer I've brewed yet, and that's after only 2 weeks in the bottle :)

I'll throw in my 2 cents too. I have brewed several of the clone kits and have brewed at least four of their recipe kits. I have been very pleased with all of them. I live in NM and the shipping is real quick, on the order of 2 days. Definitely recommended. :mug:

Austinhomebrew said:
Vacation with the family.

Forrest

Nice! See if you can make it out to the coast on Sunday(5/3). It's supposed to be sunny...a rare event indeed, and not to be missed.

Sunny? The hell you say! I'll be happy if we get 70º weather again and overcast.

Back on topic, I've only heard nothing but good things about Austin Homebrew kits (except that one guy but he was a jerk and hated everything ;) )

I've done several kits from Austin Homebrew, both extract and recently, partial mash. They've all been great. Really excellent people to do business with as well. I'm trying to move away from kits, but I'll keep ordering my ingredients from them.

Their Gold Seal kits are pretty dang good!!! I'm not that crazy about the others. One thing for sure, they get them out pretty quick. A lot quicker than other online sites.

I have their Raspberry Chocolate Stout brewing right now. The wort smelled great during the boil. It also smells great fermenting. I will be taking a gravity reading in 5 more days. I can't wait to see how it tastes.

P.S. being in Fort Worth if i get the order in early enough it only takes one day for me to get the package, if not it takes 2. i try to get my orders in my Wednesday at the latest.

I brewed that same kit (10 gal of it) this past Saturday. I seen it on sale while ordering some hops. :rockin:

Back