Austin homebrew supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captainfester

Master of the Seas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered 4 extract kits from ahs tonight.

Sam summer clone
Blue moon clone
Shock top clone
Ahs honey blonde ale

Hope they ship quick. Looking forward to brewing. Anyone ever brew these. Comment? Thoughts?

Just checking, but you do know that Blue Moon and Shock Top are BMC?
You obviously like them so it really don't matter. Just thought I would put it out there.

AHS seems to ship quick, and is of high quality, never had a problem with any of their recipes.

You obviously like them so it really don't matter. Just thought I would put it out there.

AHS seems to ship quick, and is of high quality, never had a problem with any of their recipes.

I'd say the OP is going for lighter, easy to drink beers. Not my personal preference, but he's still creating homebrew. This is a good thing.

I don't care for IPAs, which seem to be increasing exponentially in popularity among homebrewers. To each their own.

Yea I think you will find that those homebrews have the potential to taste substantially better than the commercial counterparts. I havent brew the first three, but I have done the honey blonde and it was probably one of the fastest drank batches I've had. AHS is awesome. i just find their kits a bit more expensive than me building my own recipes with bulk grains and hops.

You should check out their 21st anniversary specials, each week a new beer at 21 bucks per kit.

Who cares?

Captainfester, AHS ships very quick. The only reason they might ship a little slower right now would be because everybody is getting their income tax back and AHS could be swamped.

You'll like the kits. AHS is a solid supplier.

The only complaint you might have is the color. It's hard sometimes to get the light color you want with an extract recipe. Not a fault of AHS but simply a consequence of extract brewing on a very light colored beer.

Regardless of the color, AHS has well crafted kits and the flavor will be there even if the color is a tiny bit dark.

Cheers

Yep, like what has been said before, AHS is a great place! I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and it usually ships out the same day.

thanks guys,

fwiw i couldnt care less about BMC or not. i like the beers, and i am looking forward to being able to drink one of mine vs one of the "real" ones side by side for comparison.

im not to worried about shipping speed it will come when it comes im just pumped to brew a few more batches. however at this point i have run out of bottles... haha i have to go hunting for some more.

The only complaint you might have is the color. It's hard sometimes to get the light color you want with an extract recipe. Not a fault of AHS but simply a consequence of extract brewing on a very light colored beer.

To combat the dark color, I add the extract at flame-out instead of the beginning of the boil. Also consider trying their mini-mash kits; it includes more grain and less extract and it'll have a better flavor than the pure extract kits.

Their Blue Moon kit is amazing -- I can't comment on the rest but please let us know how they turn out.

And don't let the BMC haters get you down :)

thanks! i dont understand why people hate on bmc. if its not your cup of tea (beer) let it go. i cant stand stouts, but im not on here hating the stout crew. i just brew lighter ales.

there is something to be said good and bad about every beer on the planet, homebre or not.

thanks! i dont understand why people hate on bmc. if its not your cup of tea (beer) let it go. i cant stand stouts, but im not on here hating the stout crew. i just brew lighter ales.

there is something to be said good and bad about every beer on the planet, homebre or not.

People just love being a-holes for no reason.
I was reading the "Stupid things people say about you brew" thread and I was appalled at the attitude of some of the brewers here.

More power to you Captainfester.

Back