Austin Homebrew Recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoopdog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered the London Porter kit from AHS yesterday...Does AHS supply the full recipe with their kits, or is it just labels like "Base Grains, Speciality Grains, Bittering Hops"?

They give you complete instructions. I've done many kits from them and been quite pleased with how they turned out.

The only thing they do not supply is the yeast. They do recommend usually 1 liquid and 1 dry depending on the recipe though.

Great recipes, great instructions, and your ingredients are not pre-packed. They are pulled, packed and shipped as orders come in. Ya can't get any fresher than that.

The only other thing I would caution is that the hops will come in 1oz packages, so if your recipe calls for 1.5oz of something you will receive two 1oz packages of it so don't just dump all the hops in.

I have done their London Porter and thought it was excellent.

TheJadedDog said:
The only other thing I would caution is that the hops will come in 1oz packages, so if your recipe calls for 1.5oz of something you will receive two 1oz packages of it so don't just dump all the hops in.

...if that's an issue for someone, I can't imagine how they accomplish the rest of the brewing process with out injuring themselves.;)

TheJadedDog said:

I have done their London Porter and thought it was excellent.

Eh? I consider that a bonus! What's this? An extra 1/2 oz of 16.4% Warrior pellets? Let's go ahead and put them in and kick up the IBU's a bit. :rockin:

But then again, I'm a hophead.

brewt00l said:
...if that's an issue for someone, I can't imagine how they accomplish the rest of the brewing process with out injuring themselves.;)

I agree with you, but there were some posts a while back where people had some trouble figuring this one out since everything else is premeasured, figured I toss it out there :)

brewt00l said:

Uh...I injured myself on my first all grain brew a few weeks back :( Luckily the burn healed well and I am good to go!!! I'm good with measuring though:mug:

Back