Austin HBS Recipe Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakeuphicks

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience brewing using one of these??

Austin Homebrew Supply

Im thinking about brewing a Magic Hat # 9 clone, but I dont really know what the difference would be ordering it from them vs. picking the ingredients up from my local homebrew store (other than possibly it might be fresher from my local store??)
Im thinking the Austin HBS Kit may be a little cheaper than buying everything separately as well.
BTW this is only my 2nd batch Ive ever brewed, although my first turned out pretty well IMO.
Thanks in advance

Anybody have any experience brewing using one of these??

Austin Homebrew Supply

Im thinking about brewing a Magic Hat # 9 clone, but I dont really know what the difference would be ordering it from them vs. picking the ingredients up from my local homebrew store (other than possibly it might be fresher from my local store??)
Im thinking the Austin HBS Kit may be a little cheaper than buying everything separately as well.
BTW this is only my 2nd batch Ive ever brewed, although my first turned out pretty well IMO.
Thanks in advance

I haven't brewed that beer but have ordered several kits from AHS and I have always been happy with what I received. They deliver quality products. Might be fresher than your local store if you local store is like mine...low volume, I'm sure AHS goes through some grain.

AHS is very high volume, so I doubt that their ingredients would be any less fresh than another HBS.

Eric

Use them almost exclusive and they are tops. I buy their uncrushed AG kits and I have never had any bad products from them.

I've done a number of their kits. They are really good! They have good instructions in the kit, which helped me when I first started brewing.

They prepared the kit when you order it, so it is nice and fresh and not sitting on a shelf somewhere. I've made a Pete's Wicked Ale, a Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada, and a few more "clone" kits plus a few others that I just can't remember any more. (I'm getting old!)

I've been very happy with their products. Since they have flat-rate shipping, I always ordered two kits or more at a time, so they were cheaper with shipping. The grains are freshly crushed, but they come sealed in plastic bags so they will stay fresh a few weeks, and I just kept the extract in a cool dry place.

I started with AHS kits and was always impressed with the final product. Now I create my own recipes but I brew kits from AHS for a buddy of mine. Kinda pisses me off when his beers end up better than mine.

Ive ordered from them like 5 - 6 times and have always been content with their product. The only thing I dont get is yeast as I get that from my LHBS but either way I would recommend them :)

Latest posts

Back