Auber SYL troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin58

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Worthog EBC-330 from High Gravity Brewing. On the mash side there is an Auber PID. I don't know the exact model but it is one of the SYL units and looks very much like this one... https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4

When I connect mine and turn it on the PV reads 1285+- and there is a light next to the AL1 setting. I am just setting this system up out of the box and I'm thinking a setting somewhere is not right... either that or the probe is defective. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I'm going wrong?

I've emailed Dave at High Gravity but haven't heard back yet. He usually responds pretty quickly but it seems their website is going through some issues so he may be busy dealing with that.

Fixed it. Dave from High Gravity got back with me. One of the settings was off. Just a matter of scrolling through the menu and changing a value.

Back