Auber SYL-2352 and RTD100 probe troubleshooting.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
Hello,

I powered my 2 PID ebrew box today and so far so good with one little exception the read on PVs is 1263 and 1264 respectively - I think something is off and I am not sure what. if I unplug them the reading is way different (don't recall)

I connected the blue wire of the probe to pin 5 of the pid and the other two red ones to the 3 and 4 pins. Below you can see the reading.

IMG_20130316_121519.jpg

before I unsolder the connection to try them out does this scenario rings any bells ?

THe probes I got off amazon, check my other thread if want to see what it was but is RTD100

My best,
Q

Section 4.7 of the operating instructions says that you need to set parameter "Sn" to 21.

I got it I set it to 21 and is all looking good! Thanks for the valuable input.

Any other parameters I'd need to set ?

You need to run the autotune when you're heating so it will set the P, I, and D parameters. I suggest reading the manual and checking for the things you may need to correct. You want to make sure the PID is in heating mode, and all that good stuff.

Once I get the water line in I'd run the auto tune. I am pretty excited with the way the panel turned out - it was worth working on it 2 month and not going with gas.

Thanks for the inputs!

Back