Auber Instruments SSR's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one in my controller. Works great. I have only used it a few times but I don’t expect to have any problems with it.

I would suggest spending the $5 extra for the auber but that’s just me. Also don’t forget your heat sink. If you buy the auber they have an option to add a heat sink. I did that option and they sent me an oversized heat sink which is a good thing.

Look at the model number box. They both say "MGR-1 4825". Or 4840...
I believe you are correct, that could save at little money thanks. The only difference one says made in China, the other says made in Yueqing, which is a city in China.

Anyone here use Auber Instruments' SSR's https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&products_id=30 ? If so are they any good? Any failures?

Thanks!
same as these for $5 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/24-480V-AC...664536&hash=item28499dee59:g:VlQAAOSwY~1aM3Rg
as well as the mager, MGR, kodak, Ebrew supply and many others who buy them and have them rebranded to sell at thier own pricepoint.
they work well. I have 9 of them (berme branded) in one of my panels now.

Ive yet to see an actual reported failure on any of the different branded versions yet.. just the white fotek clone variants.

Last edited:
I would suggest spending the $5 extra for the auber but that’s just me. Also don’t forget your heat sink. If you buy the auber they have an option to add a heat sink. I did that option and they sent me an oversized heat sink which is a good thing.
Why? Auber doesnt offer any special warranty on them? bunch of folks reported being told they were SOL when auber stuff has failed... if not for better support why pay triple $$ with shipping for the same thing?

I would buy these as well as the generic pt100 sensors form ebay and save yourself the extra $40 one temp probe and ssr from same manufacturers would cost you from auber with middleman convenience markup here... Buy your temp controllers from auber if you want, thats their specialty (EZ boils are nice)..
I went with mypin td4s myself which worked great before switching to ezboil and then brucontrol.

Last edited:
Why? Auber doesnt offer any special warranty on them? bunch of folks reported being told they were SOL when auber stuff has failed... if not for better support why pay triple $$ with shipping for the same thing?

I would buy these as well as the generic pt100 sensors form ebay and save yourself the extra $40 one temp probe and ssr from same manufacturers would cost you from auber with middleman convenience markup here... Buy your temp controllers from auber if you want, thats their specialty (EZ boils are nice)..
I went with mypin td4s myself which worked great before switching to ezboil and then brucontrol.
I just trust in auber more than the knock of personally. Not saying anyone should buy one over the other but if you only save 5 bucks and your knock off dies then you have to buy a new one and you didn’t save anything. If my auber goes out I wouldn’t be hurting to buy a new one. Just my opinion.

I just trust in auber more than the knock of personally. Not saying anyone should buy one over the other but if you only save 5 bucks and your knock off dies then you have to buy a new one and you didn’t save anything. If my auber goes out I wouldn’t be hurting to buy a new one. Just my opinion.
Well thats the thing. The Auber IS the knock off of the original MGR made/ branded ones... thats where youve fallen into the trap of assuming the brand name you heard of first is the original.

They just relabel them just like the rest.. auber doesnt make or design ssrs.. they design temp controllers they contract to be made in china for just about everything else they offer they are resellers.

Last edited:
Well thats the thing. The Auber IS the knock off of the original MGR made/ branded ones... thats where youve fallen into the trap of assuming the brand name you heard of first is the original.

They just relabel them just like the rest.. auber doesnt make or design ssrs.. they design temp controllers they contract to be made in china for just about everything else they offer they are resellers.
Well mine works great. I didn’t just jump out and buy Auber first thing either. I researched everything for 3 months before I bought anything to start my electric build and I would suggest the same for anyone new to electric brewing. I wanted to be sure that what I bought would last because I really did not enjoy building my controller and I don’t want to have to replace anything in it.

The auber one should work great, they are the same as the $5 ones which also work great... That wasnt the point I was trying to point out, Only that a person could save some money if they want by buying them with a different label for less in this case.:mug:

The reality is anything but a fotek knockoff should work fine without issues..

For some people, buying the rebrand for more money makes them feel better. But you can get the same ones cheaper. I also bought the Auber branded ones, but I'll probably buy the $5 version to have some spares.

Just remember, heat is what kills SSRs. Those dinky little heat sinks they ship with some of them are not enough. Go overkill on the heatsink and never worry about it again.

Fans change things. Force convection >> natural convection. If you have good airflow over the heatsink you can get away with a smaller one. If you have no airflow or minimal airflow, the size of the heatsink matters.

Ordering a couple of these to have on hand in case one of mine fails. $10 is cheap insurance to keep my brew day going. Thanks for the link!

Back