Attempting to upgrade to an automated system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricochetbrew

Reaction score
Originally posted this in the general discussion and it was suggested I move it here. Seeing as i am iPhone illiterate I couldn't figure out how I move it so I went with the low rent copy and paste. Thanks for your patience.

I have been home brewing for over eight years now and can't get enough. I started in a 5 gallon pot on the stove and currently brew on a home made 15 gallon keggle system. My system it completely manual, gravity fed mash and boiler and the trusty old racking cane. I am looking into a more automated system but am completely uneducated about the process. I have done research on pumps and temperature regulators however I was wondering if someone could break it down Barney style for me. Or if someone had a reference for the theory behind it? How do love controllers work? Can they operate the pumps or just the temp? Additionally what type is beat suited for my size operation? Also what are the benefits of a RIMs system and how do they work? If anyone is currently using systems that utilize these things I would be very interested in hearing how they improve/change the brewing process. Thank you all for your time.

Ryan Davis.

Originally posted this in the general discussion and it was suggested I move it here. Seeing as i am iPhone illiterate I couldn't figure out how I move it so I went with the low rent copy and paste. Thanks for your patience.

I have been home brewing for over eight years now and can't get enough. I started in a 5 gallon pot on the stove and currently brew on a home made 15 gallon keggle system. My system it completely manual, gravity fed mash and boiler and the trusty old racking cane. I am looking into a more automated system but am completely uneducated about the process. I have done research on pumps and temperature regulators however I was wondering if someone could break it down Barney style for me. Or if someone had a reference for the theory behind it? How do love controllers work? Can they operate the pumps or just the temp? Additionally what type is beat suited for my size operation? Also what are the benefits of a RIMs system and how do they work? If anyone is currently using systems that utilize these things I would be very interested in hearing how they improve/change the brewing process. Thank you all for your time.

Ryan Davis.

Kal's site has a bunch of nice shiny pictures and great explanations. Probably more than what you are thinking at this point but still nice to look at:

http://theelectricbrewery.com/

Back