Attempting to convert a friend to homebrewing tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorporateHippie

Reaction score
Yup, my old drinking buddy got wind that I have been brewing my own for a while now. I'm heading to his place tonight to chill out and let him sample some of my offerings. I know he is a hop head so I am bringing 5 bombers for us to try.

An all cascade IPA
A Rye-P-A
A mild bitter
A dry hopped amber
And then a Vanilla Milk Stout for dessert.

He has more money then he knows what to do with and no kids! I hope
He jumps on board because I could use a few close friends to brew with. Wish me luck!!!

You're about to give him beer that you made yourself... if that doesn't convert him, I don't know what would.

I don't understand the hang-up, but I would venture a guess that the number 1 factor is laziness, number 2 is perceived expense, number 3 is fear of failure.

Good luck!

/\/\ this /\/\

He has cash so hitting up the local microbrewery for growlers every other night is WAY easier

Pfft... a few hours work... wait a couple weeks... a few hours work... BEER!

Yeah, pretty bad.

Just really starting putting the screws to him around the time you open that Amber, should be loosened up a bit.

So, if i understand, you are going to visit your bud, whom you likely have known for a long time, and introduce him to a money draining, time consuming and sometimes frustrating hobby that will always have him upgrading this or that and have him end up obsessing over craft beer and brewing to the exclusion of all that life has to otherwise offer? You want that for him?

Saw-weet! :ban::rockin::D:D:ban::rockin:

So, if i understand, you are going to visit your bud, whom you likely have known for a long time, and introduce him to a money draining, time consuming and sometimes frustrating hobby that will always have him upgrading this or that and have him end up obsessing over craft beer and brewing to the exclusion of all that life has to otherwise offer? You want that for him?

Saw-weet! :ban::rockin::D:D:ban::rockin:

rottenecard_8711830_6yznw2hzfx.png
j3up6.jpg

Back