Attaching Coffin box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beek

Reaction score
How do y'all that have built coffin keezers attach the coffin to the top? I'm usually pretty handy and have been doing woodworking my whole life, but I just can't figure it out. Some kind of bracket maybe?

Pocket holes? L-brackets? Give the box a bottom and screw the bottom to the top of the keezer. Or screw a few 3/4 inch strips to the bottom edge of the box (inside) and then screw them to the top of the keezer.

Mine right now is just liquid nails'ed down and is rock solid but I plan on using either metal L brackets or a small 1x1 strip into the side and then the lid.

The original lid of my keezer got a layer of MDF attached with liquid nails. Gave me a flat surface for tile. I then made a frame out of 2x2 that matches the inside dimensions of my coffin. Attached the frame to the MDF with glue and screws, Then I just slipped the coffin right over it and secured it with screws

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back