Atlanta Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spintab

Reaction score
I just had a crazy optimistic job interview in the Atlanta area and I'm curious what the homebrewing community is like there. None of us actually brew in Alabama because that wouldn't be legal but the community that would be into it is really cool. I'm aching at the thought of leaving here but there has to be a good handful of cool home brewers in and around Atlanta. Also looking for mom and pop brew shops in the area if anyone knows any. Oh and brew clubs too.

Atlanta's a big place brother! You've got Hop City & Ale Yeah in Midtown & Decatur, respectively, Winecraft (truly mom & pop), Brewmasters Warehouse & Beer Necessities in Sandy Springs, Marietta & Alpharetta respectively (all on the north side). In the South, you've got Barley & Vine (Stockbridge, SE Atl) and finally my favorite - Just Brew It (Fayetteville, SW Atl). The owner just sold a month ago and I haven;t been down there since, so we'll see how it changes.

As far as clubs, you've got Final Gravity & Covert Hops come to mind for intown folks. And then South Atlanta Homebrewers just south of the city. There's more here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/atlanta-area-homebrew-clubs-117511/

Hope you hear good news!

Cheers,

Josh

Great info, thanks. The company is in Dunwoody so the more northern of all of that will most likely be what I'm looking for. I've been to Hop City a couple times and the beer selection is amazing (at least as compared to AL) but it left a lot to be desired in the home brewing dept. Worst case, I order online.

I live south of Atlanta.

The local brew shop I use is called: Just Brew It, in the Jonesboro area. Between Riverdale and Fayetteville.

I've been looking for a home brew club also. I've been brewing for about 6 months now. Where are you moving too?

Not sure yet. Still waiting on salary negotiations and an official offer so we haven't settled on a particular area yet. The company is right near the perimeter mall so as close to there as possible without paying an arm and a leg for rent/mortgage. Unfortunately we bought a house in the Birmingham burbs before the economy went south so it's going to be a challenge to get it sold or rented. That on top of the fact that my wife randomly got a job with Apple three months ago so we need to figure out how to get her and the two kids transferred to the area too. May end up renting an apartment and living apart for a bit until we get things figured out. Who knows. If everything works out the next few months should be interesting to say the least.

Dunwoody/Perimeter area will be an easy trip to Brewmaster's Warehouse, and there is a homebrew club there as well. I haven't been able to attend yet, but I plan to soon.

Brewmaster's Warehouse is, for a variety of reasons, the best homebrew shop in the Atlanta area. Even if it is a drive, you can have it shipped and it will be at your door next day.

There are a variety of homebrew clubs each with their own personality. I would suggest attending some meetings of each and see which fits best with what you want to get out of a club.

Nailed it. I start in 3 weeks. Looking at Alpharetta, Roswell, or Norcross areas to rent. I've put my foot down we need a garage or at the very least a back deck/patio. No exceptions, lol.

Back