ATLANTA - 1st *Insert Name Here* Brewers Club Meeting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadDoc

Reaction score
When: January 10th
Time: 1:00 pm (unless otherwise changed)
Where: Brewmaster's Warehouse to swap beers then progress on over to Wild Wing Cafe. Both located in Marietta on Roswell Road/120 near the 120 Loop. No more than 1/2 Mile apart from each other.

This is an informal club that recently just started up by members who just want to hang out, drink, swap stories, and just.... have fun! Who knows... maybe we will even come up with a name then? Unless everyone likes this name.

Please post/RSVP on here if you would like to join in. If you do not we can't guaranty you a seat at the table.

So far going: (8) possible 9
DeadDoc +2
P4ck37p1mp
Brewmaster's Warehouse (Ed)
Nealf
DuckFoot
TerryWendel
Notwoohoo

I'm in...

Everybody has already had my Brown Porter and Oatmeal Stout; so unless anybody wants a repeat tasting I won't be bringing any brewskies

I'll be late. Gotta work until 2pm. If I can make it to the tasting then I'll bring some brews with me. An IPA, Scottish 60, and maybe an apple wine or two. But I doubt I'll make it from Canton in time for that.

We could probably back it up a bit, 1pm was the only time thrown sooo... yeah. 3pm would def work better for more a dinner time.

If enough people are going I will see if they do reservations and if not just call a bit ahead of time to see about getting a nice sized space for us. From the original talk was at least 10ppl I think.

Scratch that, I'm in though I won't have any beer (unless someone wants to be brave and try a four year old bottle of barleywine that I just found :)).

I can't make it this time. I will be in Houston at a friends wedding. Your loss I suppose.:D

Has the time been officially to 3pm tomorrow? I know it was discussed; but was it ever confirmed?

Since a lot of people may not have been checking then I would say we might need to keep it at 1pm since thats the time that everyone already knows. I was just curious if it had been officially decided but, guess not :)

How did this go? Who all showed up? Sorry I couldn't make it, maybe next time we can do it a little closer to the southside....

I think it went pretty good, Doc and I brought beers to sample. I only had dortmunder, he had dort, alt, biere de garde, belgian and really outdid me with all the options. :D

Lets see, obviously Doc, his bro and dad, me, Ed and one of his buddies, nealf and his buddy Gus, notwoohoo and a buddy, DuckFoot, TerryWendel.. Wild Wing Cafe was cool, my first time there, damn good wings and a great beer selection. Seems like half the group got Terrapin's coffee imperial stout. I think I saw a couple bottles of Ruination down the table. Terry had Corsendonk, I had Sam Smith Taddy Porter and a Boddingtons on tap. There was some discussion of a brew day, apparently I got nominated, seconded and it will be at my house. :D I have plenty of room for it assuming we dry out some, otherwise yall bring your rubber boots.

Oh yea, apparently 'Insert Name Here Brew Club' has stuck, nealf is entering his porter into a competition under that name. I guess we need to register with AHA at some point.

Also my 120 minute clone is in the works and I'll post when I plan a brewday over here. If anyone is down for brewing this next weekend, I think I'm going to try my lambic.

I think it went pretty good, Doc and I brought beers to sample. I only had dortmunder, he had dort, alt, biere de garde, belgian and really outdid me with all the options. :D

Oh yea, apparently 'Insert Name Here Brew Club' has stuck, nealf is entering his porter into a competition under that name. I guess we need to register with AHA at some point.

Modded dort, biere de chute (a biere de garde), and a belgian dark strong.

Will u provide sanitizer too? Would be a ***** to haul my own :p Should be able to haul everything else.... should. Or maybe I will just haul over my over hoppy beer over there depending on when this it.

I wish I could have made it, but plans could not be altered. The funny thing is that I was at Wild Wing's on Thursday of last week and had the Terrapin coffee stout followed by a Stone IPA. I needed both to wash down the Slayer wings. If you like garlic, you have to try them. I'll try to pay closer attention in the future so I can make the next meeting....er, get together. Meetings are for those other guys that try NOT to drink.:D

I just joined the group - just found the thread.

I'll be paying attention next time!

Back