At what stage should i dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebrewin

Reaction score
I have a brew on its been in the fermenter for 2 weeks and I am planning on leaving it there for another 4 days then cold crashing it and kegging! I have dry hopped it twice at the end of the first week and at the end of the second week
My question is should I have dry hopped it towards the end more or will the aroma still hang around

I don't have the ability to keg but, I would've dry hopped in the keg.
I'm just getting into dry hopping 3-4 days before bottling. I don't use a secondary so I'm going to hop sack in primary.
I guess you can still throw a few hops in the keg.

I dry hop in the keg with a fine mesh bag suspended with unwaxed, unflavored dental floss. Since the time between kegging and tapping could be several weeks due to my pipeline, I wait until I think I'm about a week out from tapping and then add the hops. After a week, I pull the bag and, hopefully, I have a free tap and can toss it in the kegerator to carb up.

This depends on the amount of time you want your beer to be "on" the hops. If it is only hopped for a couple of days, the aroma (and flavor) will not be as pronounced if it had been a week or two. This also has to do with mellowing and melding of flavors in your brew. The more time, the more cohesive of a profile it will have (may have used that term incorrectly). This is all at the brewer's discretion, of course!

Cheers,

I would definitely dry hop at the dry-hopping stage.

Not before or after though. Precision is definitely
Important.

mike_in_ak said:

Important.

You idiot!

mike_in_ak said:

Important.

I LOLed

Good stuff

Back