Asian inspired chunky green sauce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time2Retire

Reaction score
Pleased with this one.

8oz Shishito peppers, handful of dried Thai peppers, half a white onion, 5 cloves garlic, a shot of lime juice and a shot of whey from my last yogurt. 2.5T kosher salt in a liter of water. Let it ferment only about 4 weeks, it's been hot here. A little residual bitterness from the Shishito skins, but tasty.

20220914_184239.jpg

yes, please!

I’ve got some lemon drop chilies fermenting with habanero right now. I’ll probably pasteurized then add pineapple and some allspice or other Caribbean spice combo.

Had way too many jalapenos last year and made one gal this way and put in pint jars. With no more room in the ferment fridge I strained out the juice in the second batch water bath canned it and dried the pumice. It might not be alive anymore but super tasty.

Had way too many jalapenos last year and made one gal this way and put in pint jars. With no more room in the ferment fridge I strained out the juice in the second batch water bath canned it and dried the pumice. It might not be alive anymore but super tasty.
Yum! Because fresh red chilies are impossible to find at the supermarket, I'm thinking of growing some. Planning to start with jalapeños, Anaheim, and maybe some exotic variety. I'm jonesing for some homemade red sauce.

This season I have 4 jalapeno and 4 hungarian hot banana plants and the first flush is ring pickles with a hot brine and then fridged. I have about 2 lbs fresh to eat and the remaining ones are turning orange and red and hotter then a you no what. I feel a red sauce coming on.

Back