Asco Valves For Wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabeb25

HE of who can not be spoken of.
Reaction score
Anyone ever thought of using asco valves for wort travel (BK, HLT, MT), if so can you partially open these?

I think they are either open or closed... no variable rate.

Anyone ever thought of using asco valves for wort travel (BK, HLT, MT), if so can you partially open these?

The name for the fancy valve you are looking for is called a "PROPORTIONAL" valve.
The position from 0-100% can be controlled by a voltage or current.
The average cost is around $400.00 (size dependent) plus controller.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Thats what I figured... Thanks guys!!!

You wouldn't be able to partially open them, but you could open them wide open and then a ball valve that is preset to the desired opening. I.e. When sparging, the solenoid opens the valve to drain water from the HLT, but you could have a ball valve at the other end (before it gets to the mashtun) controlling the flow.

This may be slightly OT, but what, if any, is the difference between a solenoid valve and a process valve?

This may be slightly OT, but what, if any, is the difference between a solenoid valve and a process valve?

Most of the time Butterfy, Ball valves are called process valves.
The process valves do not have solenoids, they can have motors or pneumatic drives to open and close the valves.
I have pneumatic types.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back