Arizona Brand All Natural Fruit Punch Wine Recipe, Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayer021175666

Reaction score
So, I have a gallon of this stuff and I'm wondering if anybody has turned it into wine before and have a simple recipe. If not, how would I go about knowing how much sugar to put in it? Really just hoping somebody has made this and has a nice recipe.
Thanks Guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_204553_827.jpg
    IMG_20221005_204553_827.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
I'd like it to be 13 or 14 abv. I would like it a little sweet though, too.
Then you would need to add like 1.5 lbs of sugar to it. I use this chart for estimating how much sugar to add for a desired ABV. Sweetness will depend on if your yeast can tolerate that alcohol or not. It it goes dry, just stabilize and backsweeten!

Do I just backsweetened with sugar or do I need to save some of the juice to backsweeten? I was just going to pour about 20 oz out of the gallon jug to make room for the sugar and a little headspace. Would that 20 oz be enough for the backsweetening?

Either way will work, though I'm not sure how much sweetness 20 oz out of 128 oz total will contribute.

Well, I can just save the 20 oz that I'm taking out of it and see what it does and by what you're saying, if I take you correctly, just adding a little more sugar would do it okay too. Correct? Go a little juice AND, a little sugar if needed?

Well, I can just save the 20 oz that I'm taking out of it and see what it does and by what you're saying, if I take you correctly, just adding a little more sugar would do it okay too. Correct? Go a little juice AND, a little sugar if needed?
Yeah, it really depends on how much sweetness you like.
Like @Coffee49 said, check the ingredients.

I have been making juice wine for a little bit. This will be my third time doing it. So, I already knew to check those ingredients. There is no preservatives or anything in it. They call it all natural and kind of brag about the fact that there's no preservatives in it. Only thing is that the 100 percent juice that I've been using is 26g of sugar per serving of 8 oz and this Arizona fruit punch is only 21g of sugar per 8 oz serving. I was putting a cup of sugar to a quart of juice in the stuff that was 26g of sugar. Now, I'm thinking of putting about a half cup more sugar in this juice. Not a half cup more per quart! Just a half cup more in the hole thing to try to make up for the 21 to 26 gram difference.
To refractometer be used to figure out what it is and then some calculation made to figure out how much sugar to put in it to bring it to say 1.100 or 1.095 or something like that?

Get a hydrometer and take a reading, use an online calculator to determine how much sugar to add.
Or if you have a refractometer, you can use that.
Note: if you are getting your ABV mostly from refined sugar, the beverage is likely to have a "hot" or "rocket fuel" flavor that some don't mind, but I find undrinkable. If you boosted the sugar level with frozen apple juice concentrate or Welch's grape juice concentrate or something similar (or blend them) instead of sugar, you may have better results.
I'd also use the frozen juice concentrate for back-sweetening.
My 2 cents: Just skip the Arizona fruit punch and go with frozen concentrate for your fruit wines.
:inbottle:

Get a hydrometer and take a reading, use an online calculator to determine how much sugar to add.
Note: if you are getting your ABV mostly from refined sugar, the beverage is likely to have a "hot" or "rocket fuel" flavor that some don't mind, but I find undrinkable. If you boosted the sugar level with frozen apple juice concentrate or Welch's grape juice concentrate or something similar (or blend them) instead of sugar, you may have better results.
My 2 cents: Just skip the Arizona fruit punch and go with frozen concentrate for your fruit wines.
I've been bring beer for about 25 years so, I do have a refract on it. Anyway, how would I use the fruit concentrate instead of the fruit juice? I mean, say I wanted one gallon of wine what would the recipe be yes, using Frozen concentrate.
Thanks

Most frozen concentrates will call for 3 to 1 water/concentrate mixture. I'd start with 1-1 and take gravity reading. Another option is to use fruit juice instead of water, or even the fruit punch you already have.

I decided to scratch the whole idea. I tasted it and it was really weak so I started looking at the label more and found out it's only 10% juice. I don't know but, it doesn't seem like it would make a very good wine. It's very weak tasting. Please correct me of course, if you think I'm wrong and I should try it.

Years ago, I tried using all kinds of store-bought juices to make fruit wines and was never really happy with the results.
These days I only make wine from local wine grapes or buckets of California wine grape juice and cider from local apples.
What you want to do all depends on what kind of taste you are looking for and how much money you want to spend to achieve that goal.
If you really want to try making wine with grocery store products, I would suggest trying frozen Welch's white grape juice concentrate.

I tried making a gallon of juicy juice, it was also weak. Unpasterized apple cider with honey and 71B yeast will make a good apple korn

The only grocery store juice that I have used is 100% apple juice not from concentrate. I would not bother making wine with a juice that was watered down. Frozen concentrates are also a good option.

The only grocery store juice that I have used is 100% apple juice not from concentrate. I would not bother making wine with a juice that was watered down. Frozen concentrates are also a good option.
I'm new to wine making but, if you read above, I scrapped the project when I saw it was only 10% juice.

I have considered using Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red to make wine, but the label says it contains preservatives.

Store-bought grape juice works very well for making wine, but you'll need to add some sugar to it, and maybe something to reduce the acidity a little.

Having made alot of juice wines, I can tellnyou that adding sugar to the wine after stabilizing will make it as sweet as you like. Just keep checking it as you go. As for the "jet fuel". Give it at least 3 months after bottling and that dissipates. The longer the better. I put several bottles aside for my sister in law, and then kept forgetting to send them for about 2 years. She keeps raving about them.

Having made alot of juice wines, I can tellnyou that adding sugar to the wine after stabilizing will make it as sweet as you like. Just keep checking it as you go. As for the "jet fuel". Give it at least 3 months after bottling and that dissipates. The longer the better. I put several bottles aside for my sister in law, and then kept forgetting to send them for about 2 years. She keeps raving about them.
I've only made one wine from juice (%100 grape juice) about 4 weeks ago and I drank it as soon as it fermented out. Or at least, as soon as it fermented as far as it was going to. It was made with table sugar and it tasted fine. If anything, it was too sweet. I made it with bread yeast. That might be why it had so much sugar left over. This time, I have a 100% Apple / Cherry juice one fermenting and it is also sweetened with table sugar. I didn't get any astringent taste on the grape one so, my first experience with it at least, tells me that table sugar doesn't seem to be a problem. As far as waiting on it for 3 months, I'm not going to do that. I drink my beers as soon as they are done fermenting and they taste great. I'm not going to go through any extra waiting for wine. Of course, that's as long as it keeps tasting good. If I get astringency problems, I might change my outlook on it. Still though, I would more think about changing the sugar source to concentrated fruit juice or something rather than, waiting longer. This is just my experience with it and my taste buds. I thought it tasted great. Just, a little too sweet. I do like a sweet wine but, this was a little too sweet.

Last edited:
Years ago, I tried using all kinds of store-bought juices to make fruit wines and was never really happy with the results.
These days I only make wine from local wine grapes or buckets of California wine grape juice and cider from local apples.
What you want to do all depends on what kind of taste you are looking for and how much money you want to spend to achieve that goal.
If you really want to try making wine with grocery store products, I would suggest trying frozen Welch's white grape juice concentrate.
I would also suggest organic juices that you can now find readily available. I have had lots of success with using them. You just might have to adjust your acid because alot of them use lemon juice as a preservative. I usually test with a ph strip and it most often works out to only adding half the amount of acid needed

Back