Are truly hard alcoholics accepted here, or shunned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, when I was at that part of my life I would have considered myself an alcoholic (at least far more reckless with alcohol), brewing seemed like far too much work.

Now that I'm drinking 1-2 glasses a day, I'm more interested in crafting the beer than drinking it.

I didn't read past your first sentence. To be honest (and dickish), I don't give a **** about your opinion on this matter, you're not an expert and have no reason to have earned my respect. If you're going to post it anyways, it belongs in the debate forum. Start a new thread there if you really want to discuss this.

I did stray a little on my post, but the heart of it was about whether alcoholics are accepted or shunned on this forum(the question asked by the OP). If the Mods want to move this thread then that's fine with me. I'm sorry if sharing my opinion upset you, but I don't think I said anything inflammatory, and the tone of your response was unjustified.

slowbie said:
I didn't read past your first sentence. To be honest (and dickish), I don't give a **** about your opinion on this matter, you're not an expert and have no reason to have earned my respect. If you're going to post it anyways, it belongs in the debate forum. Start a new thread there if you really want to discuss this.

You're right, your response was dickish.

Obviously, the decision to allow or not allow anyone who admits they are a true (hard?) alcoholic is not up to anyone here, except the people who specifically have the power to ban certain user names/IP addresses. And unless you put it in your sig (in really big letters), it's unlikely that many people at any one time are going to know if you are or are not. So really, in large part the original question is moot.

That said, alcohol is alcohol, and those addicted to it would be advised to stay away from the hobby IRL, if not online. Is that unfair? If heroin production had the same community spirit... we don't have to go down that road, but simply put: responsibility is responsibility. Your life affects others, etc.

I thumbs downed that dicky post. It deserved it. ;)

Dregaddict, were you even talking to that dude?

No I wasn't. And thanks for the support. I can understand that people checking out the general forums don't want to see debate, but I don't think I was trying to debate or argue the matter. Whatever, I'm still off topic I guess. Sorry.

Kind of like obese people at culinary school. Maybe a bit awkward, but you still add the butter to the hollandaise sauce....

Prost!

+1 for a useless post.

see what I did?

_

touche-my-friend-touche-demotivational-poster-1255897214.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back