are these primary or secondary regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked them out...not sure what your specific question is though?

The regulators are single stage designed to display the output pressure. This type of regular will not tell you tank pressure. You would need a 2-stage regulator for that.

The knob on the regulator pictured simply adjusts the diaphram (i am assuming it's not a piston type regulator) in the regulator to the desired output pressure that you like (up to 60 psi).

Didn't see the OI, but secondary regulators will never have two pressure gauges and the high-pressure ports have right-hand threads. If that information isn't available, you'll have to look up the part number.

(Yes, I know some manufacturers call primary regulators secondaries if they connect to the bottle with a hose.)

Didn't see the OI, but secondary regulators will never have two pressure gauges and the high-pressure ports have right-hand threads. If that information isn't available, you'll have to look up the part number.

(Yes, I know some manufacturers call primary regulators secondaries if they connect to the bottle with a hose.)

yeah, they were single gauge-thats what made me wonder if they were secondaries. not sure about the ports-its over now though so oh well. would have been nice to pick up to secondaries for 18 bucks though :eek:

edit-i got a photo of them, maybe this will help...
BNzT7zQBmkKGrHgoH-DQEjlLlu3hQBJrdSs.jpg

i don't see why those wouldn't work for you...provided you just attach the right fittings.

Any "primary" CO2 regulator can be used as a secondary. What differentiates a "primary" from a "secondary" is the maximum inlet pressure it is rated for. A primary regulator is typically rated for 2500-3000psi. A regulator that is designated by the manufacture as secondary may only be able to take an inlet pressure of say 120psi. A primary does not have to have a high pressure gauge, and if you keep your CO2 tank inside the kegerator the high pressure gauge is next to useless anyway.

That said, since the pictured regulators do not seem to have a standard CO2 tank connection on them they are probably secondaries so you would have to feed them from the outlet of a primary regulator.

Any "primary" CO2 regulator can be used as a secondary. What differentiates a "primary" from a "secondary" is the maximum inlet pressure it is rated for. A primary regulator is typically rated for 2500-3000psi. A regulator that is designated by the manufacture as secondary may only be able to take an inlet pressure of say 120psi. A primary does not have to have a high pressure gauge, and if you keep your CO2 tank inside the kegerator the high pressure gauge is next to useless anyway.

That said, since the pictured regulators do not seem to have a standard CO2 tank connection on them they are probably secondaries so you would have to feed them from the outlet of a primary regulator.

ok cool, thanks for clearing that up. that would have made a nice snag then...oh well i'll keep hunting.

Back