Are my tap tower lines too short?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianQuaffer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got my tap tower for my kegerator conversion in the mail last week and the beer lines are 5 feet of 3/16" ID 7/16" OD. In actuality, once measured, the beer lines are about 4'-6".

I've read a bit here about short lines being prone to foaming up. Will these lines be long enough or should I buy longer lines and replace them?

Thanks!

Nick

Everything you could possibly want to know about balancing a draft system.

http://***********/stories/techniques/article/indices/39-kegging/165-balancing-your-draft-system-advanced-brewing

Nice article, thanks! From a quick overview, it seems as if 4=1/2 feet will be more than enough?

Nice article, thanks! From a quick overview, it seems as if 4=1/2 feet will be more than enough?

It's hard to say. So many variables. My kegerator is just a refrigerator with the taps through the door. I have basically zero vertical rise, 3/16" line, and standard faucets. I used 8' of line and had a perfect pour serving at 12PSI @ 40 degrees F on average.

Hey guys,

Got my tap tower for my kegerator conversion in the mail last week and the beer lines are 5 feet of 3/16" ID 7/16" OD. In actuality, once measured, the beer lines are about 4'-6".

I've read a bit here about short lines being prone to foaming up. Will these lines be long enough or should I buy longer lines and replace them?

Thanks!

Nick

All standard air cooled draft towers that I know of ship with 5' beer lines and 5' is pretty much accepted as the right length for controlling commercial beer foam.

I would just double it if 5 ft is the conmmetcialstandard have you ever seen beer being poured.at bars foam everywhere.

Epoxy mixers are supposed to be good

You should test your system if its too foamy increase the lines or add resistance or increase the cooling of lines

Back