architect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_wilkosz

Reaction score
My eventual wife is looking for an architecture job in Chicago or Milwaukee metro areas. She has almost 1 year of experience, knows Revit very well.

She worked for Crate & Barrel designing their stores and graduated with her undergraduate degree in 2007 from UW-Milwaukee.

Can anyone help us out?

Can send out resume when contacted as well as portfolio!

I am trying to exhaust any way to find a job for her and our future together, if this bothers anyone I am sorry

My roommate is in the same position. Not exactly the time for architects to be looking though

Yep, I've been doing architectural work for about 6 years now, and also currently not working. The Chicago area housing market is hurting badly.

The only advice I can give you, from a fellow architect, is: do not confine yourselves to looking only in our field. The market blows right now, especially in big cities, which are already bloated with architects. Finding someone that is hiring is next to impossible, as most firms are just trying to find a way to pay for the staff they already have. My wife has her masters degree from UVa, is licensed, has 7+ years of experience, and she's been unable to find anything in our field since she was laid off in late November. She finally found something doing client management for a company that has nothing to do with architecture. I hate to be a pessimist, but this is the reality of the market right now. Unless she wants to be a very poorly-paid draftsman, she's going to need to branch out beyond the field.

yeah that is what i figured. ohwell. licensed w/ seven years. could start her own firm? if she could get the projects/contracts

Back